From self-driving cars to advanced manufacturing processes, Tesla is doing it all and artificial intelligence is the backbone behind this. Tesla is harnessing AI’s power to change how we drive, work and live. In this blog, we will explore the ways by which artificial intelligence is changing the game for Tesla.
Tesla is a leading American automotive and clean energy company, founded in 2003. They focus on manufacturing electric vehicles, batteries, solar panels and related products and services. Tesla is one of the world’s most valuable automakers and is widely known for using advanced technologies in their vehicles.
Tesla’s Autopilot Technology
When one hears about Tesla, one automatically assumes that it is a traditional car manufacturing company, but the key to success in this market is its extensive use of technology. Artificial intelligence is one of the major pillars of the success of the company. Tesla’s goal is now to make fully automated cars and for that, they are researching more into AI and collecting data from all over the world to incorporate it into their algorithm.
- Tesla uses multiple technologies which regularly interpret pictures through their machine vision cameras and sensors. This information is then used to make decisions about which step to take next.
- They use artificial intelligence to predict the next move of a car, cyclists, and pedestrians. With this research, AI can plan and decide its next move. Should the car stay in the same lane? Should it stop or keep going? Should it go straight or turn?
- The main advantage for Tesla is that they are constantly collecting data from the predicted 4 million cars they have on the roads. The external and internal sensors on each car collect data in all kinds of situations, and even on the driver’s behaviour, how often they touch the steering wheel, and how they react in different situations.
- Tesla has described this type of approach as “imitation learning”- the algorithms learn from the decisions, movements, and reactions of countless drivers around the world and all the data is then collected to ensure proper development of the Tesla AI.
Future of Cars With Artificial Intelligence
The market for artificial intelligence in the automotive industry is reported to go from $1 billion to $12 billion by 2026, as per the reports from Global Market Insights Inc. this means a growth of 1200%. This is due to the surge in demand for self-driving cars and trucks. AI-powered features are already constantly being developed, tested and used in consumer vehicles. These features include cruise control, automated parking, and lane assistance.
- For instance, Audi has introduced a feature for its cars, which can tell the driver about the status of traffic lights along the whole path of the destination. Now imagine, if you know in advance which light is red and which green, how convenient will that be for an individual right? This is one of the few examples of how artificial intelligence can revolutionalise the automotive industry in just a few years.
- In 2021, Tesla launched a new computer chip, DOJO and according to the company, the majority of Tesla’s artificial intelligence architecture is dependent on DOJO. This chip will be able to process huge chunks of data four times faster than all other computing systems.
We can conclude that artificial intelligence is playing a major role in the success and evolution of Tesla. From self-driving technology to predictive maintenance and customer service, AI is helping to transform the way the company operates and the products and services it offers. As the demand for self-driving vehicles continues to grow, it’s likely that we’ll see even more innovative uses of AI in the automotive industry in the coming years. With the recent launch of the DOJO chip, it is evident that Tesla is fully committed to staying at the forefront of this rapidly-evolving field.
So get ready for a thrilling ride into the AI-powered future with Tesla leading the way!