United States of America
HMN04: S&IS (Sensors) – Burnsville No 2900 West County Road 42, Burnsville, MN, 55337 USA
Position Role Type:
Collins Aerospace has a new opportunity for a software engineer who will plan, develop, design and execute embedded products according to the objectives of DO-178C for certification on airborne systems with minimal supervision. This software will be used in our Ice Detection and Angle of Attack (AOA) and other product families manufactured at our Burnsville, MN facility.
This is a hybrid role with some onsite presence at our Burnsville facility required to establish the development and test environments.
- Draft planning artifacts
- Occasionally interface with external customers
- Requirements generation, design and architecture development, coding, integration, verification, validation, and document for existing and new safety critical products.
- Source code developed in C-programming language
- Verify and test software per RTCA DO-178C
- Execution of development process is in accordance to RTCA DO-178B/C, for new safety critical products.
- Software and hardware system integration tasks on target hardware.
- Model Base Design techniques used in the development life cycle process.
- Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations, In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- MS/BS in Engineering/Computer Science Degree
- C-programming language
- Work experience as an engineer to include job description tasks (noted above)
U.S. Person (U.S. citizen, permanent resident, refugee or asylee) or eligible to obtain necessary export authorizations required.
- Software tool development written in C#, LabVIEW, and VisualBasic
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances flight deck solutions, airborne communications, vision systems, sensors and fire protection for commercial and military customers around the world. That means we’re helping people reach their destination safely and keeping pilots, passengers, flight crews, airlines, airports and military personnel connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.