Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer who is accustomed to solving customer’s most complex problems and closing large deals. In this role you will work directly with the sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, support enterprise Proof of Concepts, and ultimately close business.
As a Snowflake Sales Engineer you must share our passion about reinventing the database space, thrive in a dynamic environment and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Present Snowflake technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Snowflake technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Snowflake in relation to them.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience within a pre-sales environment
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Broad range of experience within large-scale Database and/or Data Warehouse technology, ETL, analytics and cloud technologies
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solutions
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
Our Sales Engineers are customer obsessed and we believe in the value we can add and stay honest about it. We love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback and are passionate about making our clients successful. Our team works to ensure data is accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $182,250 – $202,500. However, because this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s commission plan, it is common for employees in this role to receive total on-target earnings of $243,000 – $270,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?