Job Posting for Regional Sales Manager – South Central, USA at ASTEC
The Regional Sales Manager initiates and supervises all sales activity between the Materials Solutions Group and its multi-channel network to the marketplace. This position will also be accountable for the successful execution of their territory sales plan by understanding and satisfying customer needs. This position will be located in the South Central Region in the USA. This position will target customers in the South Central Region in the USA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sell assigned equipment in defined territory to meet annual sales and rental goals
- Maintain daily interaction with assigned dealers, customers and prospects within territory
- Prepare territory plan for review with Sales Director on annual basis. The territory plan will cover market potential, key prospects and customers, market channels and individual plans, along with written sales goals and strategies
- Assist Sales & Marketing departments on maintaining current files on competitive brands
Regional Sales Manager has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or a minimum of four (4) years of construction equipment sales experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, negotiation and leadership skills are required
- Ability to travel overnight and work long hours is required. Overseas travel may be required; necessary to obtain and maintain a passport is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; frequently talk and hear; and occasionally climb or balance. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. This position is occasionally required to operate an automobile and travel by airplane. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily exposed to an office environment and occasionally a shop manufacturing environment or a vendor’s facility. The employee is periodically required to travel. Exposures at a shop manufacturing environment or a vendor’s facility can include moving mechanical parts, heights, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The employee is exposed to travel hazards associated with airline and automobile travel. The employee is occasionally exposed to electrical hazards, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in a shop manufacturing environment or a vendor’s facility environment can be very loud.