Academies of Math and Science
Network Math Instructional Coach
Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is an academically advanced charter school network serving predominantly low-income and at-risk students, with a decade-long track record of being one of the highest performing K-8 charter schools in Arizona. Many students come to us performing 2 years below grade level and quickly achieve above grade level mastery at AMS. As part of the AMS family, your role as a Network Math Instructional Coach is to guide our motivated students through an advanced curriculum alongside our team of talented educators.
The position will model, coach, and observe teacher while also assisting school leaders at their assigned school sites to use research-based math strategies with the comprehensive curriculum effectively for instruction and assessment. He/she will facilitate learning activities in the classroom using math strategies from Professional Development training sessions.
- Develop expertise in the current math program used by the network to become curriculum program trainers.
- Maintain a file of information concerning professional development strategies, scheduled observations with teachers, and progress towards meeting school goals and objectives.
- Assist school with analyzing school math assessment data and plan for improvement.
- Attend professional conferences and workshops.
- Performs all other duties and services assigned by superintendent and supervisors
- Analyze the effectiveness of the instructional strategies and math curriculum implementation during classroom observations.
- Provide modeling and coaching to teachers using effective math strategies.
- Assist teachers and administrators with the implementation of new instructional strategies, technology, math assessments, comprehensive curriculum, and math interventions.
- Deliver specialized professional development sessions as created by the network SMEs according to need
- Monitor use of professional development strategies in classrooms
- Collaborate with the network SMEs and school administrators to assist in accomplishing program goals and objectives.
- Work with school administrators and teachers to identify school and classroom strengths and weaknesses.
- Participate in professional learning communities’ sessions and groups.
Why work for us?
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay opportunities
- Fully paid employee benefits including medical, dental, short/long term disability, and life insurance; optional low-cost vision insurance and 401k retirement plan (with 4% employer match)
- May qualify for federal student loan forgiveness since we are a Title 1 school
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, and weekly/monthly professional development throughout the year
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility and advancement as our network continues to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Evidence of leadership and going above and beyond in prior teaching or administrative roles
- 5+ years of teaching experience in a variety of subjects
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as attention to detail
- A track record of excellent results teaching children at advanced levels in at-risk communities
- Excellent results in coaching teachers, providing training, conducting classroom observations, and implementing, analyzing, and helping teachers analyze and create action plans from assessments.
- Strong computer skills and ability to analyze data in various applications including Excel
- Passion for helping with Title 1 and ESL students in underserved communities forge their way to a college education
- Ability to pass a background check and obtain an IVP fingerprint clearance card
- Experience with presentation software such as PowerPoint, Google Slides, and Nearpod
- Strong analytical abilities, including evaluation and observation of effective classroom instruction
- Differentiating coaching techniques to fit each school’s needs
- Commitment to helping at-risk students prepare for and succeed in college
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Trained in RELAY practices
- Trained in Teach Like a Champion practices
- Experience using Schoology or other LMS
- Experience using IntoMath program