Account Executive, Enterprise – Distributed France at Cockroach Labs
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We’re looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to join the EMEA team and cover France. We believe that individuals in this role can talk about the value of the company, as opposed to how they close the deal. This role will be remote and based in France.
- Manage a territory and develop and execute account plans to achieve (and exceed) individual quota, developing strong relationships with important decision makers, influencers, and partners within your territory.
- Lead multiple customer sales cycles and manage and close opportunities within a set of accounts.
- Provide the value proposition of CockroachDB to customers and create opportunities that lead to the use of the product.
- Manage strong working relationships with internal partners, including business development, marketing, and pre-sales.
- Be invested in the success of CockroachDB and relay product requirements back to corporate.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and become proficient in the product. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts and grasp sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you have a strategy in place for revenue goals.
After 60 days, you’ll be competent in account strategy and mapping. You will work with your manager to set revenue targets to reach your sales goals. You will also have started closing smaller size or existing deals that are already in flow.
After 3 months, you will have started doubling your pipeline and will be working on closing some of your later stage opportunities while targeting more complex deals. As you gain momentum at Cockroach Labs, you will also increase your sales pipeline and help grow the overall revenue of Cockroach Labs.
- Experience successfully selling new enterprise, infrastructure solutions and increasing revenue through new customer acquisition.
- Experience selling complex technologies and into CXOs at Fortune 500 companies and understand how to grow a greenfield territory.
- A strong ability to connect with customers by actively listening to determine their needs.
- Experience exceeding quotas in recent positions
- 7-9+ years of quota-carrying, solution-selling experience.
- Ability to travel within your assigned territory.
Reporting to Gareth Whiting – Vice President of Sales – EMEA, at Cockroach Labs
Gareth joined Cockroach Labs because Cockroach is uniquely placed as the worlds of scalability, cloud, transactional workloads and distributed systems all come together to drive the next major digital transformation shift. CRDB provides the only global distributed transactional database that is cloud neutral and will allow customers to handle these major shifts while helping companies comply with data privacy issues. When not working closely with his team, customers and prospects, he loves to spend time with his family and simply enjoy life from sports, keeping fit, travel and reading.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support